How to Decode an Alfa Romeo VIN
- Locate your vehicle’s VIN. For most Alfa Romeo vehicles, the VIN can be found on the dashboard on the driver’s side, and it’s visible from the outside through the windshield.
- It can also often be found on a Alfa Romeo’s driver’s side door jamb or on insurance and registration documents (if you have access to them).
- Enter its VIN into our VIN Decoder Tool.
- Within moments, receive a report about the Alfa Romeo vehicle you searched.
Decode up to 50 Alfa Romeo VINs per month with a Bumper subscription!
Why use our Alfa Romeo VIN Decoder?
Our Alfa Romeo VIN decoder could allow you to:
- Verify the authenticity of your Alfa Romeo.
- Get detailed information about your vehicle’s specifications, options, and trim.
- Confirm your Alfa Romeo’s history, including previous owner quantity, recalls, title issues, lien status, and more.
- Ensure you’re buying a genuine Alfa.
How many numbers are in an Alfa Romeo VIN?
Every Alfa Romeo Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) contains a 17-character alphanumeric code unique to each Alfa Romeo vehicle. It provides a range of information about a given Alfa Romeo vehicle, including the year it was built, the country and factory the Alfa Romeo was built in, its engine and transmission types, exterior color, safety equipment, and more.
The most common first three digits of an Alfa Romeo VIN is its World Manufacturer Identifier, or WMI. For Alfa Romeo vehicles, this is usually “ZAR” or “ZAS”
Here’s the breakdown of the WMI “ZAR/ZAS”:
- Z: This character represents the country of manufacture, and “Z” is typically assigned to Italy. So, vehicles with a VIN beginning with “Z” are made in Italy.
- A: This character represents the manufacturer, and in this case, “A” stands for Alfa Romeo.
- R/S: This character typically represents the type of vehicle or additional information about the manufacturer. In the case of ZAR/ZAS it is part of the identifier for Alfa Romeo.
What information can you get from our Alfa Romeo VIN decoder?
Our Alfa Romeo VIN lookup data provides detailed information about your vehicle, including its manufacturing details and specifications, as well as recall information, available accident history, and even things like reported odometer readings, flood damage, and theft information. This data can be essential when purchasing a used Alfa or verifying the details of your current vehicle.
Useful Tools and Resources for Alfa Romeo Owners
- Find out how much an Alfa Romeo may be worth by using our market value tool.
- Check for important safety recalls on an Alfa Romeo with our vehicle recall check.
- Investigate the history of an Alfa Romeo’s title with our branded title check
- Perform a vehicle title search for an Alfa Romeo vehicle to see if it has a lien or was impacted by a lemon law.
- Explore detailed vehicle history reports for Alfa Romeo vehicles.
- Find your next Alfa with the Alfa Romeos for sale at our marketplace!
Bumper makes decoding an Alfa Romeo VIN easy
In 17 characters, your Alfa Romeo’s VIN contains a wealth of information. Anyone who owns a car or is in the market to buy or sell one can use Bumper to find and decode a VIN—but a Bumper subscription unlocks so much more!
With millions of vehicles in our marketplace and exclusive ways to manage and save on Alfa Romeo ownership expenses via our growing list of partners, a Bumper subscription can help you get on the road to stress-free vehicle maintenance and research!
Ready, Set, Bumper...
Try Bumper today and learn more about a vehicle you plan to buy or already own.TRY Bumper Today