How to Decode a Ford VIN
- Locate your vehicle’s VIN. For most Ford vehicles, the VIN can be found on the dashboard on the driver’s side, and it’s visible from the outside through the windshield.
- It can also often be found on a Ford’s driver’s side door jamb or on insurance and registration documents (if you have access to them).
- Enter its VIN into our VIN Decoder Tool.
- Within moments, receive a report about the Ford vehicle you searched.
Decode up to 50 Ford VINs per month with a Bumper subscription!
Why use our Ford VIN Decoder?
Our Ford VIN decoder could allow you to:
- Verify the authenticity of your Ford.
- Get detailed information about your vehicle’s specifications, options, and trim.
- Confirm your Ford’s history, including previous owner quantity, recalls, title issues, lien status, and more.
- Ensure you’re buying a genuine Ford vehicle.
How many numbers are in a Ford VIN?
Every Ford Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) contains a 17-character alphanumeric code unique to each Ford vehicle. It provides a range of information about a given Ford vehicle, including the year it was built, the country and factory the Ford was built in, its engine and transmission types, exterior color, safety equipment, and more.
What information can you get from our Ford VIN decoder?
Our Ford VIN lookup data provides detailed information about your vehicle, including its manufacturing details and specifications, as well as recall information, available accident history, and even things like reported odometer readings, flood damage, and theft information. This data can be essential when purchasing a used Ford or verifying the details of your current vehicle.
Useful Tools and Resources for Ford Owners
- Find out how much a Ford may be worth by using our market value tool.
- Check for important safety recalls on a Ford with our vehicle recall check.
- Investigate the history of a Ford’s title with our branded title check
- Perform a vehicle title search for a Ford vehicle to see if it has a lien or was impacted by a lemon law.
- Explore detailed vehicle history reports for Ford vehicles.
Bumper makes decoding a Ford VIN easy
In 17 characters, your Ford’s VIN contains a wealth of information. Anyone who owns a car or is in the market to buy or sell one can use Bumper to find and decode a VIN—but a Bumper subscription unlocks so much more!
With millions of vehicles in our marketplace and exclusive ways to manage and save on Ford ownership expenses via our growing list of partners, a Bumper subscription can help you get on the road to stress-free vehicle maintenance and research!
Ready, Set, Bumper...
Try Bumper today and learn more about a vehicle you plan to buy or already own.TRY Bumper Today