How to Decode an Acura VIN
- Locate your vehicle’s VIN. For most Acura vehicles, the VIN can be found on the dashboard on the driver’s side, and it’s visible from the outside through the windshield.
- It can also often be found on a Acura’s driver’s side door jamb or on insurance and registration documents (if you have access to them).
- Enter its VIN into our VIN Decoder Tool.
- Within moments, receive a report about the Acura vehicle you searched.
Decode up to 50 Acura VINs per month with a Bumper subscription!
What can you do with our Acura VIN data?
Our Acura VIN decoder could allow you to:
- Verify the authenticity of your Acura.
- Get detailed information about your vehicle’s specifications, options, and trim.
- Confirm your Acura’s history, including previous owner quantity, recalls, title issues, lien status, and more.
- Ensure you’re buying a genuine Acura vehicle.
What do the characters in an Acura VIN mean?
Every Acura Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) contains a 17-character alphanumeric code unique to each Acura vehicle. It provides a range of information about a given Acura vehicle, including the year it was built, the country and factory the Acura was built in, its engine and transmission types, exterior color, safety equipment, and more.
The most common first three digits of an Acura VIN, or its World Manufacturer Identifier (WMI) for Acura vehicles in the US is “JH4.” This WMI is assigned to Acura vehicles that are manufactured by Honda of America.
- J: This character represents the country of manufacture, and “J” is assigned to Japan. So, vehicles with a VIN beginning with “J” are made in Japan.
- H: This character represents the manufacturer. In this case, “H” stands for Honda. Acura is a luxury vehicle division of Honda.
- 4: This character typically represents the type of vehicle, though it can sometimes include additional information about the manufacturer. In the case of “JH4,” the “4” is often associated with passenger cars.
What information can you get from our Acura VIN decoder?
When purchasing a used Acura or checking the specifics of your current car, our Acura VIN decoder can be invaluable. In addition to basic vehicle info, you can get a comprehensive report that includes manufacturing details, specifications, and recall information. Additionally, it provides access to the vehicle’s accident history, reported odometer readings, flood damage, and theft records, all crucial for informed decision-making when it comes to your Acura.
Useful Tools and Resources for Acura Owners
- Find out how much an Acura may be worth by using our market value tool.
- Check for important safety recalls on an Acura with our vehicle recall check.
- Investigate the history of an Acura’s title with our branded title check
- Perform a vehicle title search for an Acura vehicle to see if it has a lien or was impacted by a lemon law.
- Explore detailed vehicle history reports for Acura vehicles.
- Find your next Acura in our marketplace of Acuras for sale!
Bumper makes decoding an Acura VIN easy
In 17 characters, your Acura’s VIN contains a wealth of information. Anyone who owns a car or is in the market to buy or sell one can use Bumper to find and decode a VIN—but a Bumper subscription unlocks so much more!
With millions of vehicles in our marketplace and exclusive ways to manage and save on Acura ownership expenses via our growing list of partners, a Bumper subscription can help you get on the road to stress-free vehicle maintenance and research!
Ready, Set, Bumper...
Try Bumper today and learn more about a vehicle you plan to buy or already own.TRY Bumper Today