How to Decode a Honda VIN
- Locate your vehicle’s VIN. For most Honda vehicles, the VIN can be found on the dashboard on the driver’s side, and it’s visible from the outside through the windshield.
- It can also often be found on a Honda’s driver’s side door jamb or on insurance and registration documents (if you have access to them).
- Enter its VIN into our VIN Decoder Tool.
- Within moments, receive a report about the Honda vehicle you searched.
Decode up to 50 Honda VINs per month with a Bumper subscription!
Why use our Honda VIN Decoder?
Our Honda VIN decoder could allow you to:
- Verify the authenticity of your Honda.
- Get detailed information about your vehicle’s specifications, options, and trim.
- Confirm your Honda’s history, including previous owner quantity, recalls, title issues, lien status, and more.
- Ensure you’re buying a genuine Honda vehicle.
How many numbers are in a Honda VIN?
Every Honda Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) contains a 17-character alphanumeric code unique to each Honda vehicle, and the first three VIN characters (also known as the WMI) for a Honda usually start with JHM. The first character is the nation of origin, “J” meaning Japan, “H” meaning Honda, and “M” meaning passenger car.
Each VIN provides a range of information about a given Honda vehicle, including the year it was built, the country and factory the Honda was built in, its engine and transmission types, exterior color, safety equipment, and more.
What information can you get from our Honda VIN decoder?
Our Honda VIN lookup data provides detailed information about your vehicle, including its manufacturing details and specifications, as well as recall information, available accident history, and even things like reported odometer readings, flood damage, and theft information. This data can be essential when purchasing a used Honda or verifying the details of your current vehicle.
Useful Tools and Resources for Honda Owners
- Find out how much a Honda may be worth by using our market value tool.
- Check for important safety recalls on a Honda with our vehicle recall check.
- Investigate the history of a Honda’s title with our branded title check
- Perform a vehicle title search for a Honda vehicle to see if it has a lien or was impacted by a lemon law.
- Explore detailed vehicle history reports for Honda vehicles.
Bumper makes decoding a Honda VIN easy
In 17 characters, your Honda’s VIN contains a wealth of information. Anyone who owns a car or is in the market to buy or sell one can use Bumper to find and decode a VIN—but a Bumper subscription unlocks so much more!
With millions of vehicles in our marketplace and exclusive ways to manage and save on Honda ownership expenses via our growing list of partners, a Bumper subscription can help you get on the road to stress-free vehicle maintenance and research!
Ready, Set, Bumper...
Try Bumper today and learn more about a vehicle you plan to buy or already own.TRY Bumper Today