How to Decode a RAM's VIN
- Locate your truck’s VIN. For most RAM pickup trucks, their vehicle identification number can be found on the dashboard on the driver’s side, and it’s visible from the outside through the windshield. RAM VINs can also often be found on a sticker on the driver’s side door jamb or on insurance and registration documents (if you have access to them).
- Enter its 17-character VIN into our VIN Decoder.
- Within moments, receive a report about the RAM you searched.
Decode up to 50 RAM VINs per month with a Bumper subscription!
Why use our RAM VIN Decoder?
Our RAM VIN decoder could allow you to:
- Verify the authenticity of your RAM, especially its trim, engine specs, and more.
- Confirm your RAM’s history, including previous owner quantity, recalls, title issues, lien status, reported odometer readings and more.
How many numbers are in a RAM VIN?
Every Ram Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) contains a 17-character alphanumeric code unique to each Ram vehicle. It provides a range of information about a given Ram vehicle, including the year it was built, the country and factory the RAM was built in, its engine and transmission types, exterior color, safety equipment, and more.
For RAM pickups, which fall under the larger Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) group, the World Manufacturer Identifier (WMI) for RAM vehicles sold in North America typically starts with the following characters:
- “1C6” - This WMI is often used for RAM vehicles manufactured in the United States.
- “3C6” - This WMI is used for RAM vehicles manufactured in Mexico.
The breakdown of the RAM WMI characters is as follows:
- The first character (“1” or “3”) designates the country of manufacture (the United States or Mexico).
- The second character (“C”) represents Chrysler, which is part of the FCA group.
- The third character (“6”) is used to identify the specific brand within the group, in this case, RAM trucks.
What information can you get from our RAM VIN decoder?
Our RAM VIN lookup data provides detailed information about your vehicle, including its manufacturing details and specifications, as well as recall information, available accident history, and even things like reported odometer readings, flood damage, and theft information. This data can be essential when purchasing a used RAM or verifying the details of your current vehicle.
RAM Pickup Truck Ownership Tools
- Find out how much a RAM might be worth in today’s market by using our market value tool.
- Check for important safety recalls on a RAM with our vehicle recall check.
- See the history of a RAM’s title with our branded title check
- Perform a vehicle title search for a RAM truck to see if it has a lien or was impacted by a lemon law.
- Explore detailed vehicle history reports for RAM vehicles.
Bumper makes decoding a RAM VIN easy
Your RAM’s 17-character VIN provides important information about the vehicle. Bumper allows vehicle owners and potential buyers or sellers to look up and decode VINs. A Bumper subscription offers additional resources, such as access to a large vehicle marketplace and partnerships that can help you save on RAM ownership costs among other great perks!
Ready, Set, Bumper...
Try Bumper today and learn more about a vehicle you plan to buy or already own.TRY Bumper Today